Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Binding

Book: The Binding
Author: L. Filloon
Pages: 279

Blurb: "Two nights after her eighteenth birthday, Lily is attacked while out jogging, but is saved by Tharin Lunar, a Sidhe prince. When she discovers that her attacker is her own brother, Lucas, who disappeared four years ago, Lily refuses to believe that her brother would truly hurt her and becomes determined to find Lucas and bring him home. Lily finds that Lucas’ disappearance is somehow tied to Tharin; so when he informs her that she is his betrothed and must return with him to Velesi, fulfill a treaty between their families and unite the two strongest clans through their marriage, Lily agrees. However, she’s not going to Velesi for a wedding, but to bring home her only family, Lucas.

On their journey to the borders of Velesi, the realm of the Thirteen Clans, they’re pursued by a Sidhe assassin group call the Ange, meet with an ogre crime lord that ends badly, deal with a sleazy troll motel manager, and when they discover that there’s a bounty on their heads, they must keep one step ahead of every assassin, bounty hunter and low-life criminal in Velesi.

Protecting Lily has become the biggest challenge of Tharin’s life. Lucky for him he has help in the form of his twin brother, Tolan, Lily’s best friend Julia and his three bodyguard cousins."  - from goodreads.com


Rachael's Recap
Book Rating: 5 chocolate bars
Cover Rating: 5 chocolate bars

I was hesitant to start this book at first, because the cover was so pretty and I did not want to be disappointed by another story of elves. I have to say though, from the moment I picked up this book I was swept up into  Lily's world that was amazingly crafted by L. Filloon. In this book, Lily's whole world is turned upside down, she finds out her missing brother is not actually missing, she is engaged, and she is a princess. Well, that escalated quickly. Luckily Lily is not alone, she has her best friend to join her in her adventure as she goes on to claim her rightful throne. I love this book, I really do. It was one of my guilty pleasure books I read when I really should be doing something else. This book created a world within a world for me and brought new twists I was not expecting. Lily is a very relatable character and fun, while Julia is strong and more serious at times. Now that I'm done talking about the girls let me get to the guys! Tharin and Tolan are brothers and along with them are their cousins Phoris, Mellis, and Alorn. All these guys are fun and amazing to read about. I will end by telling you once again this is an amazing book that you need to read! 

What I loved:
  • Awesome characters
  • Amazing writing
  • It was written from Lily's perspective and in Tharin's 


What I wished were different:
  • Cliff hanger ending. It made me want to cry ( but f.y.i was totally worth it)

If you are looking for a light fun book that transports you to a new world then The Binding is the book for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment