Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mind Games

Book:  Mind Games
Author: Kiersten White 
Pages: 237

Blurb:      "Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future. 

Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey." - from goodreads.com 



Rachael's Recap

Book Rating: 4 chocolate bars
Cover Rating: 5 chocolate bars (it is soooo pretty!! (Says while drooling over book))

I have read Kiersten White's earlier series Paranormalcy, and I was expecting a light fun book about "spies". But, was I wrong. This book blew me away! I will start by telling you about the characters. Fia has perfect instincts, they are never wrong, but even though she is very powerful she is broken. Her parents died in a car crash leaving her and her sister alone. Enter Annie. Annie is Fia's older sister and she is blind, but still strong. Like her sister, she has a unique ability - she is a Seer and can see glimpses of the future. Both of the girls are sent to a "school" for special girls. But, Fia quickly learns the truth.

Now, I know everyone is supposed to hate the bad guy. But I really can't in this book. James...sigh....... He is the new person in charge of the school, and he is also the son of the notorious Keane. All these characters put together make an amazing book.

What I loved:
  • Strong female main character who kicks serious butt
  • Swoon worthy bad guy
  • Twists and turn I didn't see
What I wished were different
  • At points in the book it kept switching times and that confused me.
  • I wish the "good guy" had a stronger personality 
If you are looking for a book with a kick-butt heroine with lots of amazing things happening to her, then this is the book to read!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment